Host daily radio shift on Classical WMHT, assist in the creation and delivery of quality radio programming, foster conversations and engagement through social media, in person events and on air.
Title: WMHT Classical Music Host and Producer
Reports To: Music Director, Radio
Broad Function: Host daily radio shift on Classical WMHT, assist in the creation and delivery of quality radio programming, foster conversations and engagement through social media, in person events and on air.
- Host daily radio shift on WMHT.
- Assist with on-air, online or in person hosting duties of assigned programming across multiple media platforms (radio, tv, web, podcasts, community events) with a style that is credible, conversational and polished.
- Maintain existing relationships and develop new relationships with artists and presenters and assist with scheduling, conducting and editing remote or in-studio appearances.
- Support the planning and implementation of fundraising campaigns and Station Partnerships and Co-Sponsorships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours: This is a Full-Time, Non-Exempt Position. Monday through Friday, flexibility in schedule required.
Job Location: WMHT Broadcast Center, 4 Global View, Troy, NY 12180
WMHT Educational Telecommunications is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F. Qualified veterans, women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience on-air as music host
- Experience in public media a plus
- Familiarity with Classical Music programming and foreign language pronunciation
- Good communications skills
- Computer skills – MS Word, MS Excel, familiarity with database management and audio production software (Adobe Audition)
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Familiarity with Triple A programming a plus
- Minimum of Associates degree or equivalent work experience in TV or radio