ABC 7 Chicago's #1 news Chicago is looking for a highly skilled and versatile, self-motivated, data-driven, and tech-savvy candidate to join the Digital Team as a Senior Digital Producer. As an integral part of our team, you will be responsible for creating engaging, captivating, and hard-working news content for all digital platforms.
Greater Chicago Area
Sep 21, 2023
ABC 7 Chicago's #1 news Chicago is looking for a highly skilled and versatile, self-motivated, data-driven, and tech-savvy candidate to join the Digital Team as a Senior Digital Producer. As an integral part of our team, you will be responsible for creating engaging, captivating, and hard-working news content for all digital platforms. ABC 7 Chicago covers the local and national news stories of the day and how those stories impact local communities.
- Timely posting of local and national news on all digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps, and social media.
- Work with news managers, assignment editors and talent to coordinate on-air and online news coverage.
- Complete special projects for various station departments, including sales, marketing, and community affairs.
- Assist with implementation of new content tools.
- Complete synergy requests from the station group and the Disney company.
- Curate digital content for all of ABC 7 Chicago's digital platforms, including but not limited to website, news app, streaming app and social media.
- React and respond to breaking news quickly and accurately.
- Identify compelling stories that will resonate with our diverse audiences.
- Monitor analytics in real time to assess the effectiveness of content presentation and adjust as necessary.
- Help train new producers and interns.
- Develop strong working relationship with other departments while displaying compassion and inclusion.
- Use SEO (search engine optimization) to increase unique visitors and video starts.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a digital news producer, preferably in a newsroom or digital media environment.
- Available to work flexible hours, including overnights and weekends.
- Strong editorial skills and good news judgement.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and thrive in a high pressure news environment.
- Strong independent worker, as well as a standout colleague.
- Proficient in AP Style.
- Solid knowledge of basic HTML.
- Ability to shoot and edit video using Adobe Premiere a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent years of experience.
Day, Evening, Overnight