Scripps is seeking a White House Correspondent who will deliver fact-based, unbiased and contextual reporting to a variety of platforms within the organization.
Live Event / On Location Services
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Nov 18, 2022
Help direct coverage by guiding the leadership team with expertise and insight.
What You'll Do
- Under general direction, develop sources, gather information and write news and feature articles that are accurate, informative and balanced. Produces material - often investigative or long-form journalism - in a manner that meets the highest journalistic standards.
- Produce compelling and urgent reports both live and in package form
- Use cutting edge and experimental story-telling techniques to communication iwth the audience
- Work both independently and with other reporters, videographers and producers to generate finished news packages
- Monitor upcoming news stories and develop coverage plans; stay abreast of news developments to generate story ideas and plan coverage effectively.
- Develops a network of formal and informal sources throughout the community to help develop and write stories as well as providing background information.
- Assist with live events as needed
- Work with internal teams to deliver reports tailored to their needs
- May be responsible for entire projects or functions where general guidance and training of less experienced professional and/or support personnel are needed
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred
- Background in video news
- Five+ years experience in video news reporting required, preferably in a top 55 market
What You'll Bring
- Ability to meet strict deadlines for broadcast programs
- Independently perform assignments with instruction limited to results expected
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Set an example in professional comportment and strict adherence to the journalistic standards of Scripps
- Proficiency with computers and related software
- Weekend, holiday and overtime as the news cycle demands
- Travel up to 30% as required