Walt Disney Imagineering: A Graphic Design Intern who will work with the team that develops signage and show graphics to help tell the stories throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
Orlando, Florida Area
Jul 20, 2022
- Provide support to various Architectural Graphic Design projects by assisting in the design development and technical documentation.
- Provide design documentation in the form of graphics, technical drawings, illustration, photographs and research.
- Perform various basic technical tasks including reading and working over architectural plans and elevations to locate signs and graphics.
- Develop varied Environmental Graphic and Sign Design solutions for project work at all stages of assigned projects from concept design through the preparation of construction documentation.
- Prepare Production Art files for various methods of fabrication including routing, large format printing and 3D Printing.
What you bring to the role…
- Experience with thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in solving graphics and signage design challenges that will live in our Parks and Resorts.
- Strong skills with typography, graphics and signage using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and 3-D.
- Minimum one year experience in Graphic Design practice, or one or more years in a professional internship is preferred.
- Familiarity with Architectural Graphic Design, sign construction techniques, and related areas including architecture, interior design, props, show set and landscape design.
- 3D modelling experience with programs such as Maya, Rhino, ZBrush or Revit.
- Prior Disney experience and knowledge a plus.
- Membership in Society of Environmental Graphic Design.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher or graduated within 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Graphics, Graphic Arts, Production Design, or related visual art field
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.