Madison Square Garden Entertainment: The Wardrobe Dresser is responsible for dressing and costume maintenance of the performers in the Christmas Spectacular staring the Rockettes.
The show consists of 150 performers including, Rockettes, ensemble, chorus, skaters, children, and various principal roles. This is a seasonal role and great opportunity for Wardrobe Dressers who are seeking employment in the entertainment industry. ** This is a seasonal role that requires a full-time show schedule from November – early January including nights, weekends, and holidays, subject to change **
What will you do?
** This is a seasonal role that requires a full-time show schedule from November – early January including nights, weekends, and holidays, subject to change **
- Assisting performers with dressing and quick changes
- Maintaining costumes including light repairs (hooks and eyes/snaps)
- Communicating repair and alternation needs to onsite seamstress
- Loading, unloading, and hanging costumes
- Ironing, steaming, light cleaning, and collecting for laundry
What do you need to succeed?
- Must register to work for Local 764 or be an existing member of Local 764
- Previous dressing experience in the entertainment industry preferred
- Sewing skills a plus
- Creative, collaborative, and can multitask in fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office a plus
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. and to push/pull up to 75 lbs
- Ability to stand and move about the theater and Wardrobe Facilities throughout the duration of the shift
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays in a 24 X 7 environment