Miller Creative, Inc.: We are seeking a Full-Time Virtual Production World Operator and 2D motion graphics artist to assist our creative teams in developing industry leading learning and commercial experiences.
Our teams design and develop a wide range of interactive experiences that engage their employees. Our products cover a broad media landscape that includes video, eLearning, and immersive XR technologies and Virtual Production.
In this role you will collaborate with other designers and digital strategists to help put-to-life ideas for social media, videos, websites and will be responsible for working with multiple clients, managing many projects at one time as well as maintaining positive interactions. You should have a strong understanding of design/typography, with an attention to detail while being efficient with time. A self-starter is ideal and a willingness to learn is essential to this role.
Location: Chicago, IL
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field is required
- Virtual Production and Motion Graphics experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient with Unreal Engine
- Must be familiar with Unreal Blueprint
- Experience in motion graphics and video editing
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud specifically After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience with photoreal modeling, materials and lighting in Unreal Engine
- Experience with sequencer, animation and cameras in Unreal Engine
- Experience with Maya to Unreal Engine workflow
- Experience with light baking, optimization and rendering
- Understanding of the entire 3D rendering pipeline
- Experience with virtual production and VR
- Experience with cinematography and VFX
- A background in real time for Virtual Production / Game / VFX / Interactive / VR development
- Familiarity with version control preferred (IE Perforce)
- Knowledge of physical lighting protocols such as DMX, artnet and sACN preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create animated graphics/ads or explainer videos for Social and Paid Media campaigns
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Experience working on set in live television and film a plus
- Video editing and supporting motion elements
- Participate in design discussions and meetings
- Estimate time to complete projects
- Work to complete projects on time and within budget Requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional dynamic team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Storyboard concepting with our writers and working with our in-house designers to develop the look and feel of videos
- Working closely with the creative director to meet the marketing goals of each project
- Creating all animation, from start to finish
- Working as animation director when additional resources are needed
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Apply current instructional design theory and best practices to create effective learning and training products.
- Work with the graphic design team to create visual design and instructional graphics that will enhance learning.
- Create supplemental material such as videos, simulations, games, etc., to support instructional goals.
- Create Facilitator and Participant Learning Guides.
- Participate in review, revision, and sign-off cycles.
- Assist with the development and distribution of operational communications.
- Build and maintain customer relationships by consistently delivering exceptional content, delivery, and service.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Be able to work cross functionally with our internal and external resources in order to develop project deliverables.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Cell phone allowance
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.