In partnership with the SVP of the Post Production department, you will lead, plan and manage Post on a full slate of theatrical films and streaming motion pictures.
Greater Los Angeles Area
- In partnership with the SVP of the Post Production department, you will lead, plan and manage Post on a full slate of theatrical films and streaming motion pictures.
- Schedule and budget Post on Studio motion pictures with varying cost targets.
- Work independently or manage the movie’s post production supervisor.
- Work closely with filmmakers and studio executives to shape and deliver the scope, budget and level of quality of each production.
- Engage with filmmakers and studio in hiring key post-production personnel for the films.
- Foster a protected creative environment where the filmmakers can work and facilitates positive interactions with Studio executives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry-leading talent/crew, appropriate agents/managers, post production vendors, facilities and contractors world-wide.
- Anticipate and prevent complications during production and post, and independently resolve conflict, cost concerns, scheduling changes, delivery issues and other post challenges.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of editorial and post staff on films and within the department.
- Utilize internal resources as thought partners of best practices throughout the post process.
- Remain current on industry technology (e.g. editing software, camera packages, dailies work flows, sound formats and color science) and exchanges information with internal resources such as Emerging Technologies to discuss how other Disney banners are navigating similar challenges and solutions.
- Identify areas where post production can improve, and apply those best practices to processes.
- Develop key internal and external relationships in order to be perceived as a credible. Maintain relationships with company streaming platforms and Studio Operations to facilitate delivery.
- Travel to location to meet and trouble shoot with potential vendors and staff.
- Participate in cross company projects, meetings and events.
- Develop junior talent with a keen eye towards increasing diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Oversee policies and procedures.
- Foster a continuous positive work environment through on-going performance feedback.
- 7+ years’ experience working in key leadership roles in post production operations for motion pictures and television.
- Extensive experience managing post production processes, including but not limited to: dailies, editorial, color correction, visual effects, compositing, graphics, titling, sound editorial and mixing, localization, digital media, final QC, etc.
- Extensive experience with new and emerging digital production and post production techniques, remote services, evolving theatrical and broadcast mechanisms, streaming platforms, and other distribution outlets.
- Leadership experience working across and collaborating with other departments such as production, creative, finance, legal, business affairs, media relations and technology.
- A natural leader in setting direction for, and achieving objectives in relation to management of post production process.