We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Vice President of Marketing to lead our marketing organization and drive growth across our business. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and executing successful marketing strategies to increase brand awareness, drive audience engagement, acquire customers, and generate revenue growth.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Boston Area
Oct 26, 2023
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Vice President of Marketing to lead our marketing organization and drive growth across our business. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and executing successful marketing strategies to increase brand awareness, drive audience engagement, acquire customers, and generate revenue growth. This position reports directly to the Chief Marketing & Data Officer, and will partner with all members of the C-suite to achieve company objectives. The role demands an ambitious and collaborative leader with a deep understanding of the media industry, a passion for innovation, and a history of delivering exceptional results.
- Develop and Execute Marketing Strategy: Create and implement comprehensive marketing strategies aligned with the company’s overall business objectives
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of 20 talented marketing professionals, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment
- Audience Growth: Drive customer & subscriber growth through effective acquisition, retention, and engagement strategies, leveraging a multi-channel approach inclusive of email, social, SEO, video, TV, CTV, web, app, retail, print & paid media tactics
- Brand Building: Protect and reinforce the brand identity, ensuring it remains strong, consistent, and relevant in a rapidly evolving media landscape
- Content Promotion: Develop and execute marketing plans for our content, inclusive of our TV series, OTT streaming channels, books, magazines, social video series, and podcasts to maximize visibility and audience reach
- Consumer Relationship Management: Develop, nurture and strengthen consumer relationships via a customer-centric mindset that reduces churn and grows customer lifetime value (CLV/LTV)
- Data Analysis: Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs). Leverage analytics to track campaign effectiveness and make data-driven decisions for continuous improvement. Promote a test, learn & optimize approach to marketing creative, audience targeting & personalization
- Partnerships: Identify and pursue marketing-focused strategic partnerships and collaborations to expand brand presence and reach new audiences. Develop relationships with key MarTech vendors and agency partners to ensure best-in-class marketing stack.
- Budget Management: Oversee the marketing budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources to meet objectives and maximize ROI. Minimize Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC) while prioritizing campaigns that support high-value products and subscriptions
- Marketing Operations: Support scaling of campaigns by identifying workflow efficiencies, infrastructure enhancements, and communication tools that deliver greatest possible marketing impact
- Internal Collaboration: Partner with colleagues in Editorial, Digital Product, Analytics, Customer Support & Finance divisions to pursue a coordinated approach to customer engagement and business growth
- Minimum of 12 years of Marketing experience, with 7+ years in a leadership position
- Proven track record of driving growth in subscription businesses, inclusive of awareness, engagement, acquisition, retention, cross sell, up sell, and winback campaigns
- Digitally-savvy multi-channel marketer with experience spanning mobile, search, social, email, streaming, web, app, tv, direct mail and retail environments.
- Media veteran, well versed in the nuances of distributing content and selling digital products, books, magazines, tv series, advertising & commerce
- Performance-marketing data-driven mindset. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Familiarity with targeting and measurement techniques such as multi-touch attribution, media mix modeling, and holdout-based incrementality testing.
- Brand builder with deep respect and appreciation for the importance of protecting a premium brand
- Proficiency in all facets of running a marketing organization, from creative asset development to paid media to lifecycle marketing to SEO
- Follower of market trends, ranging from generational shifts in consumer behavior to the latest tools & technology that marketers leverage to position their organization for success.
- World-class leadership, communication & interpersonal skills, capable of inspiring colleagues and articulating complex concepts in a clear and concise manner