The Vice President of Human Resources is the strategic partner in support of Allen Media Group’s various business units.
The Vice President of Human Resources is the strategic partner in support of Allen Media Group’s various business units. This position provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organizations HR operations and various business partners responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
- Understand business, strategy and mission to deliver integrated Human Resources management services and programs across all supported client groups.
- Partner with business clients in both a strategic/consultative capacity as well as tactical capacity driving the development of department goals, objectives, measurement, and systems that support accomplishment of the company’s business strategy.
- Assist managers through planned change efforts that are designed to create high associate productivity, engagement and encourage teamwork. Such efforts would include assistance in conflict resolution, reorganizations, organizational alignment, job redesign, team building, problem solving and meeting facilitation.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Works with the SVP, Global HR in support of staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Ensure that associates are treated in an equitable and consistent manner within company policy. Find the right balance between the business need and associate advocacy. Proactively work with associates and their managers at all levels of the organization.
- Develops and delivers various training opportunities in support of talent development needs for the organization.
- Handle special projects, as requested, in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters or law degree highly preferred.
- 10-13 years progressive HR experience required with 3-5 years experience in an HR generalist or consultancy roles supporting large complex organizations in media, marketing/creative or hi-tech industry.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- Strong Employee Relations skills.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems, ADP preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.