CBS Stations Group, seeks a dynamic leader as our VP, Group Design Director in all areas of visual communication. We are looking for a hands-on, design junkie that brings design initiatives to life; visuals are what you do.
Greater New York City Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area, Greater Chicago Area, Greater Atlanta Area, San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Boston Area, Dallas/Fort Worth Area, Greater Pittsburgh Area, Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area, Washington D.C. Metro Area, Baltimore, Maryland Area
Jan 31, 2023
If you are proficient in all mediums and yearn to carry your designs through, good with people, a seasoned designer with exceptional vision, craft and concepts. If you can barely watch television without rewinding and frame advancing anything that you’re not certain how it was created, then we are looking for you. Come join our growing team!
Portfolio and references required
- Oversee CBS Station’s design direction and execution of brand design systems, group-wide graphics packages, breaking news packages and major event creative
- Responsible for major design initiatives
- Responsible for group content development packaging and visual identity
- Build efficiencies and scale by overhauling and creating processes, and workflows
- Develop an asset sharing system to create efficiencies and provide access to our best work across the CBS News brand
- Help Stations recruit, mentor and grow a team of creative talent
- Collaborate and develop brand identity across CBS Stations, CBS News and CBS Marketing
- Lead the direction of and partner with vendors to advance our purpose and aesthetic within set design, AR and other tools and systems that support news presentation
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Communications, Design, Fine Arts or related field preferred
- A mastery of Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis in motion design
- Demonstrated track record of art/design direction and management required
- Hands-on design capabilities required
- Experience with facilitating outside vendors, freelance personnel, etc.
- Broadcast experience, including on-air graphics and templating recommended
- Tech-savvy thinker capable of utilizing technology to advance design process and workflows
- Ability to communicate and present concepts in a clear and engaging way
- Self-driven, creative problem-solver able to conduct research, build style frames and storyboards to visually guide the creative process
- Whip smart, loyal to public service, and a fan of local news
Hiring Salary Range: $176,000.00 - 225,000.00.