Sonantic: As a Voice and Casting Director, you will oversee voice over recording sessions and work with voice artists to capture performance at the highest level. The successful candidate for this role should live in or be in commutable distance to New York or Los Angeles, however, is a fully remote role.
Greater New York City Area
May 25, 2022
You will report to our Voice & Talent Manager and collaborate closely with our sound team to ensure recordings meet performance and audio requirements. You will also be closely involved with the casting process. Through this work you will play an essential role in the creative development of the company scaling our AI voice platform.
You’ll be responsible for
- Collaborating with voice actors and leading them through the recording pipeline.
- Directing actors through workshop and recording sessions according to character briefs
- Performing deep critical listening for both acting performance and audio quality
- Establishing recording schedules with actors and ensuring recordings are delivered on time.
- Auditioning and onboarding new talent
- Evaluating and improving voice models
We’re looking for
- Credited work in VO directing for games, TV, film and/or audio production
- Experienced listening skills for both acting performance and audio quality
- Extensive experience working with and directing actors
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on suggesting improvements to workflow
- Logistical and scheduling/production experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Great if you have these too
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting microphone and studio acoustics issues
- Interest in the gaming and/or the media/entertainment industries