WBIR, the market-leading NBC affiliate in Knoxville, TN, is looking for two highly skilled and artistic full-time Visual Story Tellers who can create shareable and exciting content for television, social media, our website and mobile app.
Knoxville, Tennessee Area
Dec 01, 2022
We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools.
• Using the latest photography and editing tools.
• Creative storytelling with the highest journalistic standards.
• Using creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, bumpers and some promotional material.
• Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius is a plus.
• ENG shooting experience is also a plus, job requires gathering content in the field.
• Maintaining and being responsible for all issued station equipment and vehicles, in accordance with policy.
• Have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
• Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material from multiple TEGNA stations, while constantly monitoring quality control.
• Performing other tasks as required by supervisor or news managers.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• Experience in photojournalism, non-linear editing, and content management systems
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• FAA Part 107 Certification a plus
• Demonstrated news judgment, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events