We’re seeking a Visual Production Specialist with multi-disciplinary experience to support and elevate visual aesthetics for live and pre-recorded events.
Do you have deep experience in camera operation, lighting, and video editing combined with visual storytelling skills? If so, come do your life’s best work at Apple!
- 5+ years as a professional camera operator in different production environments (e.g., location shoots, episodic, film, corporate, or music).
- Additional job experience as a lighting technician and video editor is required. Some technical director experience, vision mixer, or camera shader is preferred.
- Expertise operating and maintaining a variety of camera technologies, including ENG, multi-camera robotics, and iPhone.
- Hands-on experience with content creation and post production workflows, including in-depth knowledge of Final Cut Pro and other professional editing software.
- Ability to develop and execute lighting plans in theatrical and location settings. Experience operating grandMA lighting consoles is a plus.
- Strong optic measurement and calibration skills, conforming to color space SDR and HDR standards, with ability to provide supporting data reports.
- Highly proficient in identifying and resolving operational issues such as robotic control systems, image quality, color purity, quality assurance, and technical repair.
- Outstanding communication skills, with an ability to summarize and share relevant information in a clear and easy-to-understand way, across all levels. Ability to connect with creatives and executives to develop trust and positive relationships.
- Strong vendor management and project management skills.
- Track record delivering high-quality results, with minimal direction, in an environment where expectations are high and timelines are exciting. multi-task and prioritize, including daily re-prioritization, and don’t need to be reminded to follow-up and follow-through.
- Able to remain flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings, or weekends.
- Act with a sense of urgency and quickly respond to emails, texts, and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues.
You’ll take ownership to ensure the visual content captured by Conference & Production Services achieves high production values. You’ll operate robotic and handheld cameras during events in campus theaters, and use iPhones to record at other campus locations. Assist in developing lighting looks for different events, program lighting scenes, and set-up lights for location shoots. You’ll provide post-production editing services, and partner with customers to execute their vision.
During down time, perform preventative maintenance and calibrate systems to guarantee optimum performance.
When not actively engaged with productions, editing, and venue maintenance, you’ll pivot to help the team in various ways, depending on the needs of the day. This includes cross-training to perform in other operator roles and providing high-touch AV support in conference rooms.
Keep documents updated (e.g., line drawings, SOPs, and service agreements) and assist with system design and specification of gear for various projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred