CoSA VFX is an award-winning, fast-paced, and highly collaborative Visual Effects studio with locations in Los Angeles, Vancouver, and Atlanta. We are seeking Virtual Art Department Unreal Generalist for current and upcoming projects. This is a remote position.
Virtual Reality (VR)
Mar 15, 2023
- Work within a team to develop and deliver highly detailed and optimized 3D assets and Virtual Environments inside the Unreal Engine for use in Virtual Productions for Film, commercials, and Episodic Television.
- Work within a team to output high quality assets
- Understand client feedback accordingly to produce high-quality, client focused assets
- Work to meet defined deadlines
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews
- Capable of picking up setups from other artists as well as creating looks from scratch
- Engage effectively on multiple projects at the same time
- Solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, communicate ideas and techniques with teammates, and iterate rapidly based on client notes
- Work with a broad range of resources and tools to create environments that will be reviewed and manipulated in real time using virtual production techniques
- Creates texture maps and sets up basic shaders for look development.
- 2+ years of professional game production or Virtual Art Department experience in a Senior or Lead Artist role
- A commitment to teamwork, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation
- Advanced knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Expertise in modelling/Texturing/Shading/Lighting/Post Process effects for game development.
- Working knowledge of Maya or equivalent
- Understanding of Substance Painter/Quixel Mixer or equivalent
- Proficiency in the areas of Layout, Sequencer Animation, and Rendering inside Unreal Engine
- Understanding of Source Control/Perforce
- Problem solver
- Expertise in Scripting/Development tools and blueprint creation for Unreal
- Working knowledge of Shotgrid
- Competence of Optimization for Unreal
The wage range for this full-time position is $45,000 - $95,000 per year which is a good faith assessment associated with this position only and will be assessed dependent on the skills and background of each candidate.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and reel as part of your application; applications received without a reel will not be considered.
CoSA VFX ATL is currently only considering applications from those who are residents or who have current work permits/visas for the USA.