WSAV, the NBC affiliate in beautiful Savannah Georgia, is looking for a talented, creative photojournalist to join our Local Content Team.
Savannah, Georgia Area
This position is an integral part of our station’s commitment to bringing our viewers – both on air and online – the most compelling and unique stories.
You will work closely with the Local Content Executive Producer to generate content ideas and shoot/edit both editorial and advertorial content. This position is the main photojournalist for WSAV’s daily 30-minute pre-recorded lifestyle show called The Bridge. The Local Content Team also creates content for WSAV’s special projects (Savannah St. Patrick’s Day, Savannah Jazz Festival, SCAD Savannah Film Festival…just to name a few.)
This is a unique position in that you will never be bored. One day you may shoot at one of the area’s 4-star restaurants. The next, you may go on a Coast Guard boat to track great white sharks.
If you have an amazing visual style, love meeting new people and telling their stories, we want to meet you!
Requirements & Skills :
- High school diploma; some college coursework or vocational training preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience operating video recording equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency with video recording equipment