State of Minnesota: This position is responsible for the day-to-day video and photo content creation, including but not limited to, shoots, edits, in-house and freelance assistance for shooting/editing, shooting schedules, and equipment.
Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
Mar 14, 2022
This individual will execute strategies that employ visual storytelling techniques to effectively raise the visibility of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) initiatives and help position the agency as a trusted partner and advocate for the environment and as a leader in preventing and responding to climate change. This position will work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, content, production level and platforms, turnaround time, revisions, approvals, project estimates, and video/audio archives management.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in video production or three (3) years of paraprofessional experience in video production and visual storytelling.
- Demonstrated experience in all stages of video pre- and post-production, including scriptwriting and/or storyboarding, crafting messages, narration and music.
- Demonstrated experience shooting with digital photo and video cameras and editing video segments with proficiency in Final Cut or Adobe Premiere editing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of and ability to apply journalistic storytelling techniques to projects, with knowledge of current trends in video production and best practices for visual storytelling, lighting, and audio.
- Accomplished planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills to meet project priorities, objectives, and deadlines.
- Willingness to receive feedback from reviewers and to make requested revisions.
- Human relation and communication skills sufficient to collaborate, work effectively, and create understanding within with a wide-range of clientele, partners, and interested parties.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, video, communications, or other related field.
- Experience working as a videographer or reporter/videographer for a television news outlet.
- Experience producing video projects on complex topics with ability to distill in-depth content to short video segments and develop creative visuals when they may not otherwise exist.
- Experience with digital media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, You Tube, and Vimeo and familiarity with social media artwork and motion graphics.
- Understanding of the essential principles of plain language.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
A driver’s license is an essential function of this position. This requires possession of an unrestricted Class D Driver’s License. The job offer is contingent on confirmation of a valid driver’s license AND a satisfactory driver's license record check. Requires a Class D driver's license: a single unit vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of less than 26,000 pounds. This is a basic driver's license. Operators may also tow vehicles/trailers as long as the gross combination weight does not exceed 26,000 pounds.
After the posting has closed, those applicants determined to meet the minimum qualifications will be sent instructions to submit two samples of finished videos or a link to online portfolio.