WCNC-TV in Charlotte is looking for an experienced television videographer to join our station. We are seeking people who can create sharable and unique content for television, social media and mobile.
Job Summary: WCNC-TV in Charlotte is looking for an experienced television videographer to join our station. We are seeking people who can create sharable and unique content for television, social media and mobile. This role will spend some shifts editing for newscasts and some shifts out in the field gathering content. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest editing software, tools and techniques as well as the latest photography tools and standards. They can work quickly in breaking news and quick deadline situations. They are proficient with live news gathering tools, like TVU.
Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
• Edit, file and post a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, high-end animations and bumpers.
• Operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere & After Effects) is a plus.
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Cover breaking news, general assignment, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
• Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• 2-4 years of experience preferred
• College degree preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems - preferably in a local TV news department environment.
• Experience with live news gathering tools like TVU, Dejero
• SNG experience a plus
• Good driving record
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge in non-linear editing systems
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.