Executes professionally developed, high-quality video content that is on-brand and strategic. Collaborates with producers to achieve a quality product in support of University's brand, marketing efforts and enterprise-wide projects.
- Shoots a variety of styles of original and branded content, in the field and the studio - from sit down interviews to handheld doc-style, with a focus on short-form consumable digital content
- Develops storyboards and writes scripts
- Ingests cards, logs and organizes footage, and releases for post-production, rights & clearances, and archives
- Maintains ongoing projects and delivers edits as assigned adhering to assigned deadlines and within budget
- Maintains communication with team and other stakeholders to coordinate the timely delivery of videos and project files
- Participates in creative and design meetings
- Collaborates with University personnel and the local community
- Acts as a resource and mentor to student assistants
- Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Film, Communication, Journalism or related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
One (1) year related experience in film, TV, or journalism video production covering various styles of video creation (digital-first, TV, social-only, long form)
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Adheres to editorial guidelines and best practices
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Able to handle both audio and video in the field
- Works individually or within a crew to complete a production assignment
- Familiar with digital cinematography techniques
- Familiar with non-linear video editors and other industry standard software
- Demonstrated understanding of proper workflows including storage, transcoding, pulling selects
' Strong knowledge of lighting techniques
' Strong understanding of storytelling ' visually and narratively
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Expert proficiency with RED and Canon camera systems
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud, audio sweetening, color correction, transcoding, QCing final products and managing deliverables
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
- This is not a supervisory position.
- This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
- Yes, this position will be required to drive.
- This role is not considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position may travel 50% - 74% of the time
Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV