The Los Angeles Film School: The Video Production Manager position will report to the Director of Events and works hands-on with a wide range of events and video production requests on behalf of the Los Angeles Film School.
The ideal candidate will have a background in content creation and distribution, media platforms and formats, production strategies as well as possessing a strong directorial vision. Additionally, they will work alongside staff, faculty and students who have a passion for live event production and are eager to support every event that happens at the Los Angeles Film School.
At the Los Angeles Film School, our number one priority is our students, and everything we do supports their education. As a candidate for this position, you should have a passion for working with and mentoring students and supporting the student experience in a professional production environment.
- Manage creation and distribution of video and livestream content for in-person and online audiences.
- Maintain accessible and organized video content archives.
- Develop, implement, and maintain up-to-date video production best practices, to include a protocol and procedures manual, as part of a training program for staff, faculty, students and alumni.
- Actively seek out opportunities to mentor students who show an interest in video production.
- Recommend, review, and maintain video and livestream production equipment budget.
- Manage execution of key content initiatives, working with content partners and internal cross functional teams.
- Provide recommendations for on-brand video production and livestream programming.
- Serve as point of contact for day-to-day relationship with internal and external event partners and coordinate activities with the Events Director and Marketing team.
- Support logistics and organization of live shows and events including but not limited to guest speakers, panels, graduations and multi-day productions.
- Ensure video production and livestream positions are fully staffed for each production.
- Always remain accountable for delivery of content and materials on time and on budget.
- Regularly attend event production planning and debrief meetings.
- Will require evening and weekend availability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current working knowledge of industry standard video, livestream production equipment/software.
- Skilled creator of event specific on-screen graphics.
- Design background with professional camera and lighting plots for video production.
- Strong knowledge and communication skills tied to video and live stream technology.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in video production and branded entertainment.
- Collaborative working style and work effectively across multiple teams, with all levels of experience.
- Creative, analytical thinker, fast learner - A true team player who is driven, ambitious, and highly motivated.
- Self-starter with a confident approach and excellent interpersonal, active listening, communication, and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of comfort managing multiple projects; extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Creative Cloud, Zoom and Video Conferencing Systems.
- MS/BA preferred.