The Salem Red Sox are looking for an individual capable of transferring their creativity into their work to produce relatable, meaningful, fan inspiring content.
Overview: The Salem Red Sox are looking for an individual capable of transferring their creativity into their work to produce relatable, meaningful, fan inspiring content. Do you get angry when people record videos on their phone the wrong way? Are you as comfortable creating an uplifting, community uniting video as you are filming impromptu TikTok trends? If so, come put your passion to work for an amazing organization, dedicated fan base, and become part of Red Sox Nation.
The Salem Red Sox are seeking our next full-time staff member: someone who is fun-loving, driven, and creative, to produce video content for the 2022 season (and beyond.) Other responsibilities include website content creation and maintenance, as well as, being the point of contact for IT troubleshooting.
The Salem Red Sox are a Low-A East League team located in Salem, Virginia. We are one of the sports properties operated by Fenway Sports Management and affiliated with the Boston Red Sox.
- Participate in Marketing meetings.
- Redevelop graphics for the next season, to update the video appearance.
- Plan ways to enhance the fan experience for the broadcast and the in-stadium presentation.
- Produce videos as requested by Department Heads for advertising, promotions and social media content purposes including the capturing, editing and production of video content for theme / promotional nights.
- Work with team Department Heads to capture, edit and produce video content for specific needs of the respective departments.
- Work closely with the Department Heads to generate baseball-related video and promotional content, both in and out of season.
- Organize any audio and video needs for special events.
- Produce high quality content for the stadium video board.
- Manage video production crew.
- Work closely with Public Address announcer, marketing team and video production crew to execute all the game entertainment: pre-game, post-game, between innings as well as during game action.
- Oversee and provide guidance to employee that can capture quality photos & video
- Operate video board during games.
- Record, save and archive each game.
- Make sure all equipment is returned, turned off, cleaned and locked properly.
- Produce content, including features, promotional content and post-game highlights to post online (MiLB & Salem Sox web sites).
- Organize and lead video crew to execute the television Broadcast.
- Answer any questions and help them with any problems that may occur during the game with the broadcast.
- Lead a meeting with the crew to wrap up the day, review performance, talk about improvements needed, and informing them of what’s coming up.
- Ensure that all production equipment is stored / locked properly, well-maintained and in good working order daily.
- Hire and train staff to operate all the equipment that is used for the MiLB.TV and in-house broadcast.
- Hire and train an intern to assist with all duties for pre- and in-season.
- Manage at least 10-15 crew members to fill 8 positions to adequately broadcast games.
- Work with game commentator(s).
- Schedule the video production employees for game days and special events.
- Keep a record of all of the video crew members’ hours to submit for payroll.
- Be present for any special event that requires audio and/or video use.
- Work closely with Special Events Manager in order to better the client’s experience at Salem Memorial Ballpark.
- Take content provided by the client and make it compatible with the on-site equipment in order to be presented over the suite level speakers, video board and / or stadium audio system.
- Determine use of cameras.
- Work High School / College baseball games as required. Provide the teams with sound board access
- Set up and tear down all equipment needed for an event. Make sure all equipment is returned, turned off, cleaned and locked properly.
Maintaining Equipment/Working with outside support companies:
- Know how the video board operates.
- Fix any problems with the Video board or any other equipment.
- Work with Daktronics for bigger/more serious problems.
- Daktronics Content and Display Studios
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Newtek 3-Play
- Video Switcher (Newtek Tricaster)
- Audio Mixer Board (Yamaha)
- Sony XD Cameras
- New Blue FX (NDI Graphic Overlay Software)
- Other Studio Equipment:
- Green Screen
- What is your favorite Social Media account to follow?
- Are you experienced in Adobe Suite?
- What would be your "walk up" song?