Video Producers coordinate the effective placement of video and shows for all CNNE Digital platforms.
Producers will work with APs and senior staff to ensure the timely and effective placement of video and work with teams in different cities in Latin America and the US. This position is also responsible for writing headlines, brief summaries, and contributing to the program strategy.
The Video Producers gather content, create collections, manage metadata input and video publishing within CMS, edit clips in Adobe Premiere as needed, forward RACI and Legal clearance issues to Senior staff, manage live feeds as needed, re-write clip descriptions as needed, while adhering to CNN Standards and Practices and Legal guidance.
What will you be doing?
- Create, develop, program and maintain digital content
- Responsible for idea generation
- Determines and maintains the "creative vision" of assigned content and determines and implements technical designs
- May lead a production team in the creative development and technical implementation of smaller low-risk content
- Accountable for the "life" of assigned content, from "release" through ongoing "refreshes" and "updates"
- Writes and maintains content specifications
- Oversees editing of final product
- Manages assigned production resources and assets
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities
- Works closely with other departments to maximize content revenue
What do we need from you?
- 2-3 years’ of experience working in a news production environment.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, production, new media or related field. Equivalent work experience in web design, journalism, and/or business may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Excellent communication skills with solid news judgment and strong headline-writing skills.
- Positive attitude who is eager, motivated, self-starter, energetic who conveys a spirit of teamwork through collaboration.
- Flexibility to deal with rapid changes in news, adapt to breaking news, and handle several tasks at once with an ability to execute during breaking news situations.
- Ability to produce and edit video for online presentation visual and presentation aptitude with understanding of presentation and online publishing process.
- Knowledge about video syndication and best practices for mobile video a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere or similar editing system.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media publishing is strongly desired.
* This position is a part of a 24 hour news environment which requires individuals will be asked to stay late or come in early as new events warrant.