The video producer will play key roles in producing various video and photography marketing and communications content for Illinois Institute of Technology (Illinois Tech).
While excellent writing and editing skills are essential, the work will focus on creating and editing video and audio productions, in addition to photography.
Special Schedule Requirements
May need to work some nights and weekends to film university events.
Education & Experience
A bachelor’s degree—preferably in journalism, film, communication, marketing, or another relevant area of study—is required for this position along with a minimum of two years of professional experience as a video producer, preferably in an advertising and marketing, higher education, politics, the nonprofit sector, and/or a science and technology setting. Basic familiarity with Microsoft Word is essential as is experience with video and audio production platforms. Animation experience a bonus, as is proficiency in AP Style and/or Chicago Manual of Style.
Knowledge & Skills
- The right person for the job will:
- Be passionate about good writing, editing, production, and grammar
- Have a working knowledge of video recording equipment, and editing software (Adobe Creative Cloud), using an Apple Mac computer
- Have an eye for design to create graphics needed for video projects
- Be able to think critically and creatively
- Be curious about the world and motivated to seek out and tell engaging stories from throughout the university
- Be detail oriented and willing to go the extra mile to ensure factual accuracy
- Be web and social-media savvy
- Be able to work well under deadline
- Be proactive and willing to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Be willing to take direction In addition to vitae, candidates should provide work samples and references.
- List any certifications or licenses that are either required or helpful in performing the job, designating whether required or preferred.
Reporting to the content director, will write and produce video and audio marketing and communications materials, in addition to photography. The individual will be responsible for helping to maintain the department image bank, using the department’s project management system, and updating the video/photo style guide as needed.