NBC Universal has an opening for a staff Video/Robo operator supporting NBC, MSNBC, NBC News Now, and Peacock
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Greater New York City Area
Sep 16, 2022
The Video/Robo Operator will work in a supported environment to perform the job duties of, Video Operator, Lighting Director, and Robotic Camera Operator. They will work alongside trained technical staff and perform the functions of daily productions at MSNBC.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Set-up, time and configure all camera components and confirm video signals
- Properly operate and maintain equipment
- Shade cameras during events
- Color Correct live feeds and monitors in the studios
- Switch cameras, operate robotics, and patch cables as needed
- Conduct minor video engineering as needed
- Collaborate with the team
- Offer technical and creative solutions to create the overall vision for air
- Prepare and organize show notes, script, set placement and camera directions
- Create and maintain show documentation
- Test and prepare systems and equipment for use
- Prepare and route video and audio sources
- Communicate show element coordination during rehearsal and live production
- Partner with engineering on equipment set up
- Oversee proper strike and storage of equipment (cameras, audio, etc)
- Assist department in maintaining high level of event productions
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience.
- Computer proficiency in desktop applications with database experience
- Ability to think quickly, and keep pace with fast moving shows
- Strong client service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle pressure in an on-air environment
- Knowledge of live news TV production processes
- Advanced PC computer skills or minor in Computer Science
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Technically savvy with ability to multi-task, cross-train and learn skills quickly.
- Must be available for all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to work additional hours beyond scheduled with no notice.
- Must be willing to work in New York City.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older