In this role, you will not just be a camera person, but also a strategist in how to effectively be an authority in visual storytelling while having a deep knowledge and passion for The Walt Disney Company!
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 04, 2023
The Corporate Communications team leads all aspects of the development and management of The Walt Disney Company’s reputation through external and internal communications strategies that support the company’s strategic priorities and vision. We are looking for an experienced videographer with experience in communications strategy and external communications to join our team as a Video Journalist and work alongside the leadership team within The Walt Disney Company’s enterprise-wide news and editorial operation.
In this role, you will not just be a camera person, but also a strategist in how to effectively be an authority in visual storytelling while having a deep knowledge and passion for The Walt Disney Company! This position will work under the Director of Enterprise Editorial Strategy as well as the Director of Multiplatform Storytelling, but will play a large part in driving the visual strategy. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience in the field, and can film and edit stories in a professional and highly engaging manner, and is enthusiastic about creating content!
Note: Please submit a portfolio and/or reel with your application for consideration.
What You Will Do
- Produce a wide range of high-quality original content including sizzle reels, reports from in the field, social content, explainers, presentations, interviews, tutorials, townhall videos and executive communications
- Responsible for taking projects from initial concept and development through delivery including scripting, location scouting, set design, shooting, and editing
- Work with graphics department to craft and implement packaging
- Budget, bid out, assign and supervise projects by production partners
- Have organizational skills, understand corporate confidentiality, use strong attention to detail, and have the ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and work independently
- Ability to partner across the organization and with top executives and high-profile talent as well as conduct strategy sessions with your leaders about current and upcoming projects
- Have a deep understanding of The Walt Disney Company as well as be knowledgeable in video trends and the Hollywood landscape
- Supervising virtual and on-set productions
- Strategize, editorialize, and do visual storytelling within video landscape; serialized focused content
- Create content for YouTube, social media, and multiplatform avenues
- Write short, high-impact news content as well long-form and scripts
- At least 5 years of confirmed experience in video production. communications, public relations, or executive communications
- Experience producing video news content end-to-end for digital platforms including hands-on knowledge of lighting, audio, camera equipment and editing with the ability to quickly turn around quality video edits
- Excellent written, verbal and social skills with maturity and confidence in working with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated, individual contributor who can lead projects and workloads to meet timing goals in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to translate sophisticated concepts and ideas into concise and engaging content for a variety of audiences and voices
- Well organized and dependable with a high level of discretion
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects, and other technology solutions for communication needs.
- Strong ability to be reactive and proactive, and strategize about upcoming issues, projects and initiatives.
- A fascination and understanding of The Walt Disney Company and the greater entertainment/media industry.
- Excellent grammar skills and experience with copy editing along with an eye for design
- BA or BS required, preferably with a background in Video/Broadcast Production, Communications, Journalism, or Public Affairs
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $92,800.00-$124,400.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week.