WBKO is seeking an editor/producer for its morning newscast. The ideal candidate will be proficient in video editing, working to edit videos needed for AM Kentucky.
We will train the right candidate, but newsroom knowledge is a bonus! This position will be used to help produce as well, working with the morning producer to help write or find content as needed.
What We Expect from You -
• Editing video for daily newscast
• Recording news feeds from various outlets
• Collaborating with producers, anchors, reporters on video elements
• Meeting daily deadlines
• Assist producers, as needed, with writing, stacking, communicating with the AM team
• Calm under pressure & Team Player
• Ability to work the following schedule: Monday through Friday – 3:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
What You Can Expect from Us -
• An inclusive team environment
• Mentorship and coaching
• Training and ongoing support
• Abilities to cross-train and learn other skills in the newsroom.
• Clear guidelines and communication from newsroom leadership
*** Please note, essential responsibilities/duties include, but are not limited to the information listed above ***
• Strong video editing background we utilize Edius to edit our video, training will be provided
• Strong news judgment
• High-level understanding of journalist ethics
• Positive attitude, open to feedback and constructive criticism
• MVR check required
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references