The Video Tape Editor edits video tape for regularly scheduled newscasts and special projects.
Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
80% Edits video content. Performs work for all media platforms and initiatives, including: on-air, web, digital and social media.
20% Performs duties including archiving and back-up content.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Completion of high school, or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years editing experience in a local news environment. Previous editing experience in a production house environment will substitute for one year of news editing experience.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current state-of-the-art editing equipment.
- Experience on Sony Beta Decks, DVC Pro Laptop and Avid.
- Working knowledge of analog and digital editing.
- Experience with Avid Newscutter preferred.
- Shooting experience preferred.
- Good attention to detail.
- % Travel Required (Approximate): none