Utilize industry standard hardware, software and third-party applications and appliances to edit products for PBS clients that meet and/or exceed their expectations while meeting the PBS Technical Operating Specifications.
Feb 23, 2022
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide all services related to basic non-linear editing, technical evaluation, media management and multiplatform deliverables for distribution.
- Use non-linear editing system to create products as assigned which meet all PBS Technical Operations Specifications
- Repair programs, including but not limited to, replacing underwriters/credit beds
- Create breaks, fillers, clip reels, event reels, simple effects and graphics
- Utilize industry standard protocol and organizational strategies to create projects that can be used by fellow editors
- Create or update existing Standard Operating Procedures as it pertains to your assigned clients
- Prepare materials offline for finishing and delivery such as mix downs, conforms, embedded AAFs, etc.
- Manage their portion of the shared storage environment
- Operate industry standard production gear such as test and measurement equipment and captioning applications in support of program feeds, records, dub requests per SOPs and guidelines
- Perform technical evaluations on program submissions to ensure that they meet PBS technical operations standards or non-broadcast delivery specifications
- Report suspected equipment failures in a timely manner
- Keep management informed of client concerns, requests, suspected billing, work order or scheduling adjustment issues
- Complete all required work orders daily
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for success:
- 3 years editing experience in a television or post-production facility
- 3 years of Avid and/or comparable non-linear editing system at the broadcast level
- Undergraduate degree in Broadcasting, Art, Design, Film, Communications, Digital Media or equivalent experience in television or broadcasting
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and make informed decisions under pressure and meet all established deadlines
- Strong client management skills, attention to customer service and detail
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.