The Big Ten Network is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and team-oriented video editor to join our editing team in Chicago.
You will be responsible for editing content for all B1G Network platforms including but not limited to: studio shows, digital content, event cut downs, long-form original programming, sales sizzle reels, and content for remote broadcasts. In addition, you may be asked to lead the edit team during studio shows, complete music cue sheets for content/shows, help gather footage and serve as Associate Producer on some projects and help create and maintain best practices for the edit department. The ideal candidate has an extensive background in Adobe Premiere Pro, a team-first attitude, 3+ years of experience working in sports television, and a working knowledge of Big Ten Sports.
SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edit features, highlights, B-roll, montages, event cut downs, docuseries, and any other content needed for multiple departments throughout the company
- Serve as the liaison between the edit room and control room during B1G Network shows and live studio/game broadcasts
- Serve as Producer and/or Associate Producer, when required
- Help to train new and current freelancers on best practices and workflows, when required
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years of experience as an editor in studio, live event, and long form production
- Extensive experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Flexible schedule, capable or working nights and weekends as well as adapting to an ever-evolving production schedule throughout the year
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment on tight deadlines
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot technical problems associated with editing.
- Capable of working closely with a team
- Outstanding attention to detail and time management skills
- Exceptional communications and organizational skills
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, broadcasting, radio/tv/film, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Big Ten Sports preferred
- After Effects and Photoshop experience