George Mason University has an immediate opening for a full-time Video Editor, an integral position in the Office of University Branding.
The primary purpose of this position is to support Mason in creating short and medium length marketing and promotional video content that supports strategic university initiatives. This position works closely with other video producers across the university.
The ideal candidate will have experience working behind the camera on shoots, filming, and helping direct and manage on set. This position will both serve as the principal cinematographer and director on smaller productions and assist the Videographer on larger shoots with lighting, sound, second camera and talent management. This position will also help with video editing/video production tasks, such as logging footage and editing, color correcting, and formatting video clips.
We strongly encourage people of color, women, transgender and non-binary people to apply.
- Experience producing (plan, shoot, light, record, and edit) video, audio and multimedia as required by concept and script;
- Experience managing a set;
- Understanding of multimedia authoring software Adobe AfterEffects and Adobe Premiere, and graphics software Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; and
- Motivated, professional, and a self-starter. Eager to work as part of a team of creative professionals with a “can-do” attitude, willing to pivot as strategies and goals evolve.
- A visual thinker with great conceptual skills. Able to bring diverse perspectives and/or lived experiences is a strong plus;
- The ability to research and quickly understand/distill complex story matter;
- A portfolio of work that includes subjects from diverse backgrounds and life experiences;
- Great people skills. Must be able to relate with or develop an easy rapport with a broad range of faculty, staff, and students in various stages of their careers from diverse backgrounds and life experiences;
- Knowledge of George Mason University’s mission and vision;
- Knowledge of RAW video workflow, experience with Blackmagic cameras and DaVinci Resolve;
- Basic design skills and experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Basic knowledge of GFX and 3D programs like Cinema 4D or similar software highly desirable;
- Experience with audio mastering for video or music; and
- Experience with gimbals and sliders.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, link to a sample reel (as Other doc.), and a list of three professional references with contact information.