The Amazon Internal Communications team’s mission is to inform and inspire every Amazonian. We are seeking an experienced and creative video producer and editor to help us achieve this through visual storytelling.
The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart, both visually and through narratives. The candidate should be comfortable with all elements of video storytelling: storyboarding, on-site production, editing, motion graphics, and final packaging, and delivery.
The candidate will be part of a creative team that collaborates with events, content, and channel leaders within Amazon Internal Communications. Their work will include: remote/virtual production streaming, small- and large-scale event production, owning video production workflows, post-production, audio mixing, color correction, localization, motion graphic design, and animation.
This role is based out of Seattle, WA but is able to work from home any days they are not on-site filming.
Key job responsibilities
• Ideate, produce, and edit videos for internal-facing audiences.
• Provide expert guidance and direction to international teams on video content and editing.
• Use storyboards/mood-boards to communicate and conceptualize with stakeholders, and design assets for visual presentation.
• Proactively identify opportunities for design and efficiencies.
• Design and influence operational best practices for editorial success.
• Post-production editing, audio tweaking, design content creation, and animating using Adobe Creative Cloud or other similar tools.
• Provide guidance and support for pre-recorded and remote production.
• Collaborate with a diverse, multi-cultural team, offering guidance in best practices for video creation, and solutions for production value amplification; deliver a large amount of bar-raising audio-video assets.
• Create schedules, determine resources, estimate time, track costs and project completion requirements.
• Communicate creative feedback to internal team and agencies throughout the life of a project.
• Obtain necessary approvals and communicate plans to relevant stakeholders; ensure brand consistency across projects.
• Establish, maintain and document appropriate processes, best practices, and job tracking to keep audio/video deliverables up to the Amazon bar.
• 8+ years of relevant experience as Video Editor
• Experience with content production
• Editorial experience at a creative agency or in-house marketing team, as a video producer and editor
• Experience with video/audio and design editing software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects), Final Cut Pro etc.)
• Experience with studio and live broadcast production technology
• Experience shooting with professional video equipment
• Audio recording experience with wired, wireless and audio interface equipment
• Experience with video and audio codecs and common deliverable formats
• Experience editing short form content
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to display complex concepts in simple, intuitive formats
• Proven problem solving, analytical, and creative skills
• Experience in managing complex workflow within a marketing, production, or creative department or company
• Experience developing, creating, and supporting content for internal/employee consumption
• Bachelor's degree in film, media, production, marketing or equivalent work experience
• Experience working with social media platforms and strategy
• Experience with ideal streaming presentation delivery