The CNN Hong Kong based Video Editor has an advanced technical proficiency, and able to support the HK TechOps department on all aspects of the HK Television Operations, including editing, studio activity, MCR operation, and CNN Worldwide & HK departmental workflows.
The Editor is an excellent communicator and a technically, lateral thinking, creative problem solver. The editor is an individual who is a reliable and supportive team member, but can also work independently.
It is a uniquely multi-talented position, combining the skills for both long-form feature show production, and live, breaking news broadcasting.
The individual must be an creative type that can work to the pressures of edit suite deadlines, and is a conscientious peer who can support both the technical and creative calls of his/her peers.
Non Linear Editing (NLE) platforms and third-party and/or proprietary software to edit all categories of projects, including: Newsgathering (NG) packages, interviews, Voiceover-to-sound (VO/SOTs), promos, feature shows/packages, corporate sales tools other highly produced segments. The editing process includes the delivery the final edits to playback/client/library.
The ingestion, transcoding and accurate archiving of material on both HK and U.S media management systems - including the transfer of media assets between in-house and/or global servers.
Special Projects & Responsibilities:
The Video Editor is responsible for local and international production projects, including multicamera shoots. International locations are an important component of these projects and the Video Editor may be expected to travel for all aspects, including planning, recces and project execution.
The Video Editor leads a variety of projects ranging from testing equipment, software or workflows, to designing and hosting training programs, to pro-actively building collaborative working practices with Editorial, Engineering and Newsgathering partners.
The Video Editor manages workflows, training and maintenance for specific HK in-house tools, including the equipment used in the edit suites, control room and studios.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in a media type course or equivalent working experience
- Robust understanding of television production
- 4 years of advanced non-linear editing with Premiere
- Live television/control room experience
- Must work well under pressure, and in a demanding fast paced environment
- Must work well individually and within a team. Must be open to change in responsibilities and work schedules
- An understanding and interest in technology is essential.
- Excellent command of English
- Advanced technical skills and the creative confidence to succeed independently
- High-quality communication and exceptional working practices, and acclaimed long-form feature editing experience.