We are looking for a Video Creative who will research, write, produce and edit compelling digital videos for Hearst Television's streaming channel, Very Local.
Greater New Orleans Area
May 11, 2022
Are you someone who loves to scour social media to find unique events and cool things going on in and around your local community? Are you a video editor who loves to create compelling and unique digital video content? Hearst Television’s streaming service may have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Video Creative who will research, write, produce and edit compelling digital videos for Hearst Television's streaming channel, Very Local. The Very Local Interstitials team is responsible for the production of editorial digital video content that highlights unique things going on in local communities across the country.
The ideal candidate will ooze creativity, and have the tenacity and wherewithal to execute on their ideas. We are looking for someone who is a tremendous storyteller with strong creative writing skills, capable of creating video content that stands out in a crowd.
With broadcast stations in 26 US markets, Hearst Television reaches a fifth of US households; this role will produce content that reaches across that footprint as a part of an exciting new initiative bringing Hearst Television content to streaming platforms.
The Video Creative will work with a small team to create localized content to help our viewers unlock the potential in their cities. Using motion graphic templates, the Video Creative will create valuable, easy-to-understand video content with a length that never exceeds 60 seconds.
This position reports to the manager of the interstitials team.
- Produce a high volume of timely, short form videos
- Pitch, research, write and edit short-form videos for streaming platforms
- Research and pitch story ideas in a variety of different communities and cities
- Edit text/graphical based interstitial formats using After Effects and motion graphics templates to create content
- Upload and schedule approved videos
- Write suggested web and social copy for distribution on digital channels
- Maintain meticulous records of upcoming projects, videos in progress and delivered projects
- Manage production calendars and balance deadlines across multiple markets
- Budget your time to increase video production, while keeping quality high
- Ensure all deliverables are cleared legally
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop new concepts and ideas.
- Work with the streaming interstitials manager to make sure all content is produced in a timely and efficient manager
- Adobe After Effects and Premiere proficient
- At least 1 year in video content creation
- Wordsmith who can write creative & compelling content in as few words as possible
- Extraordinary attention to detail, grammar and spelling
- Creative mind that can dream up new ways of telling stories
- Someone who is comfortable working independently and collaborating with others
- Excellent storytelling skills and adept at creative writing of short form scripts
- Keen interest in video production and how new content formats can drive audience
- Someone who can deliver a high volume of content on tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Slack and AirTable a plus
- Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills. Communication is everything.
- A good attitude! Our work family and positive culture is everything to the Very Local Team