BuzzFeed is looking for a Freelance Producer to join our Video Acquisitions team in New York City or Los Angeles.
The Producer will find and collaborate with content creators to film and edit original, short-form content for Facebook and Instagram. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, epically curious, highly adaptable, and able to juggle multiple projects at once with an eye for excellent social content.
- Produce 6+ videos a month
- Scour social media platforms like TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit and YouTube for content creators that align with Buzzfeed’s brands (Tasty, Nifty, Goodful, etc.)
- Negotiate fees and creative direction for original content
- Create a shareable narrative using text on screen, graphics
- Optimize your videos for Facebook and Instagram with optimized thumbnails
- Identify and act on emerging trends
- Work with strategists to prioritize time-sensitive projects so they are optimized for success
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Identify creators that represent marginalized voices and communities
- Built content around tentpole events
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
- Proficiency using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Extreme knowledge about Facebook and Instagram
- Interest in social platforms and data
- Great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Ability to write clean, engaging copy
- Experience working in a meticulous, technical, organized, and creative manner
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment and internet video
FYI — job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.