BET is currently seeking a VP, Original Programming, Unscripted with a high level of experience in the production and development of unscripted docu-series and formats.
BET is currently seeking a VP, Original Programming, Unscripted with a high level of experience in the production and development of unscripted docu-series and formats. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of production and managing production teams, as well as the production and development of original unscripted pilots and series. The team is looking for a standout colleague with strong leadership and organizational skills that has a proven ability to multitask and balance several projects in different phases of production at any given time. The candidate must possess a keen sense of storytelling, strong writing skills, and a proven track record of hands-on oversight on hit series at the level of EP or above for cable or broadcast networks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all levels of content production from concept through completion: hands-on producing, budgeting, casting, scripting, production team management, rights & clearances, and post-production supervision
- Demonstrated ability to supervise character driven docu-series and formats (including competition)
- Oversee multiple series simultaneously and multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Lead production and ensure concepts are fully realized in execution —from inception of ideas through to series post-production including script, creative, casting, staffing and edit notes
- Create, recognize, and identify projects and talent that will be the next BET hit
- Build and maintain relationships with producers, showrunners, and top-in-industry production crew
- Possess the ability to lead producers and production company partners to the successful execution of on-air series
- Attend and act as creative exec at production tapings, shoots, and post-production as required
- Work strategically to continuously reinvigorate ongoing series
- Coordinate show support with departments within the network, including Press, Digital, Marketing, Standards, Business Affairs, Promos, Research, Graphics, etc.
- 6+ years of experience working as a senior programming executive and/or supervising or executive producer at a network or production company
- Extensive production experience required (field work, writing, editing, story producing)
- Experience working on live (or live-to-tape) studio productions, taped shows, docuseries, and formats
- Minimum 4 years experience leading a team
- Relationships with key players in the production industry including production companies, showrunners, directors, producers, etc.
- Commitment to travel and work late hours is a MUST
- Knowledge of Black programming across the cable landscape
- Dynamic and creative personality with a track record of rating successes
- Strong leadership, writing, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of television, pop culture, and emerging trends in the Black consumer market
- Proven understanding of the BET brand, demographic, and programming and the ability to both apply it and expand on it with the highest quality and standards
- Ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial environment with a strong desire to innovate
Hiring Salary Range: $205,000.00 - 225,000.00.