The Vice President, Marketing Operations will play a critical role in the prioritization of resources, process efficiency & consistency, and the democratization of data systems within the A+E Networks Consumer Marketing & Media team.
The Vice President, Marketing Operations will play a critical role in the prioritization of resources, process efficiency & consistency, and the democratization of data systems within the A+E Networks Consumer Marketing & Media team. This role is multidisciplinary and an integral part of creating a marketing center of excellence, with key areas of responsibility including:
Process & Project Management:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure alignment of workflow and campaign management
- Identify and source outside agencies and manage contract SLAs for agency/vendor relationships
- Review & assess processes to enable working together in streamlined manor
- Recommend & manage systems that enable streamlined project & data management
- Liaison between Marketing and Research teams: support the marketing team through reporting and data analysis that tracks marketing activity performance to enable data-driven decisions..
- Develop & manage program-specific dashboards to help assess business performance at consistent and regular intervals.
- Develop holistic marketing budget strategy using performance assessments and monitor performance of marketing funnel and channels
- Ensure compliance with data privacy standards, including geographic requirements (such as GDPR; California Consumer Privacy Act; Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018; and sweepstakes regulations) with support of Legal
- Work with CRM partners to monitor database health and plan data initiatives, including segmentation and analysis, data augmentation from third-party tools and online sources
- Ensure that marketing campaigns & activities adhere to best practices for data usage
Define & Manage Operational Best Practices:
- Outline & adapt best practices by video views and marketing platform (inclusive of nuance of different partners), campaign & tactics (e.g., email)
- Identify and recommend potential marketing partners & vendors
- Training colleagues on technologies and tools and improve adoption and use of tools and ROI recognized from investments in technology, tools, and data
- Advocate for the adoption of existing technology and educate stakeholders on current and future capabilities within existing tech stack.
- Identify, own and be the expert for all marketing technologies related to consumer marketing programs & campaigns, including marketing automation, email systems, push notification systems, along with data intelligence tools. Lead training initiatives as needed to support new MarTech
- Integrate the marketing ecosystem and technologies into the overall organizational infrastructure with IT
YOUR IMPACT: On our team, you’ll be at the core of A+E consumer marketing and media efforts – working collaboratively with colleagues in a wide array of departments (Research, Creative, Digital, Programming, Legal, Social) as well as your marketing teammates to develop and optimize world class campaign operations processes. Your expertise and knowledge will be valued and used to build data-driven systems that will help drive A+E Networks expand beyond linear networks. While creating new processes, new dashboards, and new systems may not always be easy, you’ll be encouraged to collaborate often with your internal and external partners to brainstorm and formulate new paths forward, increase efficiencies, and to lend your experience as an essential voice of marketing impact. Your position is key to the growth and development of not only the Consumer Marketing team, but A+E Networks as a whole.
- Strong Analytical Proficiency and Project Management Skills, including demonstrated proof of dashboard development, comfort with various reporting formats, and comparison of tool options
- Ability to track campaigns and measure their impact on marketing initiatives at an operational and strategic level, Proficiency in full funnel attribution best practices and emerging technologies
- Familiarity with the implications of opt in/opt out and subscription policies and other uses of data to ensure compliance with privacy and other legislation, such as Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and CAN-SPAM (U.S. anti-spam legislation)
- Strong Communication, Presentation and Leadership Experience
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 15+ years of marketing experience with an emphasis of campaign and marketing operations/optimizations
- Demonstrated experience influencing key KPIs and improving processes
- Experience implementing and integrating various marketing technologies within a broad tech ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of MarTech systems. Experience working with Iterable, Domo, Databricks a plus.
- Ability to connect business strategy to marketing execution and processes
Annual Pay Range: $183,451 - $251,823
Annual Incentive Target: 25.00%