The VFX Coordinator is the main level of support for the entire production team throughout the course of a project, from pre-production to final delivery.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Apr 13, 2022
- Maintain show shot list. Determine, with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer, milestones for the project and artists and ensure they are met;
- Maintain shot status and artist targets and be able to produce show status at all times;
- Update all documents that allow follow up on the show status (shotlist, schedule, etc.);
- Take, receive and disseminate internal and client shot notes;
- Manage the flow of information and transfer of information/work between departments or with clients. Oversee the file transfer and receipt process with the Production Assistant;
- Make sure that artists have the necessary information and elements to begin work efficiently;
- Set and track targets for the week with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer. Meet with each artist assigned to the project on a daily basis to ensure they are clear on their targets, answer questions, follow-up on progress, etc.
- Anticipate and raise any concerns about targets, deadlines, etc. based on daily artist activity;
- Arrange, attend, and manage meetings, turnovers, reviews with VFX Supervisor and artists, ensure that all notes are transmitted to the artists;
- Organize the dailies playlist, and take detailed notes throughout the meeting;
- Keep artists and supervisors up to date with information – client notes, shot changes, modifications - and evaluate impact on current work. Relay information to Producer if there are anticipated schedule implications;
- Evaluate and validate all work with VFX Supervisors to make sure they are approved, and notes are distributed to relevant crew.
- Minimum of 2 years of production experience in visual effects or film;
- Experience in an administrative position;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken;
- Excellent knowledge of GSuite and Microsoft Office;
- Strong organizational skills.
- Full-time, Permanent Contract;
- 5 paid sick days;
- 2 additional statutory holidays in the winter holidays;
- Group Insurance, access to Dialogue online support and to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- RRSP with employer contribution;
- Discounts with Bixi, Nautilus Plus and many more local businesses.