Under the supervision of the Executive Producer, the role of the post-production producer is multidisciplinary: the person will collaborate with the VFX Supervisor during the bidding process, will determine the best strategy and will delegate the most suitable team members for each project.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Nov 17, 2023
Under the supervision of the Executive Producer, the role of the post-production producer is multidisciplinary: the person will collaborate with the VFX Supervisor during the bidding process, will determine the best strategy and will delegate the most suitable team members for each project. The person will ensure the proper management of the budget and post-production schedules for each project under his/her/their responsibility. The person will be called upon to work with various departments depending on the project.
- In collaboration with the VFX Supervisor and the business development team, participate in the costing and bidding process for potential projects;
- Establish timelines and manage the post production schedule;
- In collaboration with various departments, assign key talent to projects.
- Delegate exact tasks to artists by maintaining crew planning;
- Communicate regularly with clients on the status of projects and create a positive and collaborative working relationship;
- Oversee the progress and efficiency of projects, ensure full tracking of the schedule and budget and ensure Shotgrid is up to date at all times;
- Anticipate time and budget issues and client requested changes that may arise; adjust quotes and schedule based on client requests/additions;
- Maintain regular communication with the production team on all important project information;
- Conduct post-mortem meetings, identify areas for improvement and ensure that all issues are addressed;
- Actively monitor the work climate within and take steps to encourage and ensure a positive work environment and adherence to company values;
- Represent Rodeo FX positively within the VFX and related communities, both locally and in the global marketplace, to enhance the company's reputation as an industry leader.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a similar position in post production in the advertising industry;
- Relevant experience in visual effects and knowledge of the VFX process required;
- Knowledge of Shotgrid, GSuite and Monday are a plus;
- Demonstrated positive leadership and strong teamwork skills;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Good ability to manage stress under pressure and maintain a positive and composed attitude;
- Excellent sense of priorities and respect for deadlines and budgets;
- Must be available for occasional travel.