The Visual Effects Editor serves as a hub of film, video and digital editorial at Tippett Studio.
Half of this position is project-based and focused on working with our film-production clients to communicate their film’s edit to our Tippett Studio crew. The other half of the position is focused internally towards the Studio; generating demo reels, project breakdowns and other short videos to communicate our work to the world.
The below list describes only the essential functions of this job. Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
Act as primary interface between studio production editorial and Tippett Studio:
- Work with Tippett technical leads to set-up project specifications.
- Receive all versions of all cuts of a given project and distribute to Tippett crew (track cut lengths, publish audio etc.).
- Receive photographic elements (bg plates and various elements) from client and publish to Tippett crew.
- Run daily “animation cut-ins” sessions from the Avid attended by Tippett VFX and Anim Supervisors.
- Communicate any production cut changes to Tippett crew and/or Tippett proposals back up to production editorial.
- Creatively edit any Tippett-proposed sequences (cut previz, temp in sound fx to support animation etc.).
- Prepare video deliveries of Tippett work in progress and facilitate client feedback calls.
- Deliver project’s final shots and sequences to Tippet Studio PR and Marketing team.
Act as Tippett Studio video editor:
- Edit demo reels, bid reels and project breakdown reels as needed
- Run and maintain studio’s projection, monitoring and MCR systems
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks within deadlines.
- Proficient in current version of Avid Media Composer on MacOS.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Animation/Visual Effects production.
- Thorough understanding of film/HD/UltraHD/3D-Stereo technologies and pipeline.
- Familiarity with Filemaker Pro (or similar web databases), Excel, Linux.
- Ability to handle a variety of personalities and maintain a sense of humor.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel. You may contact us at:
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, VFX Editor
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume.