Image Engine: The Coordinator will act as a liaison between the Production Manager and Department Supervisors to flag any issues which may delay workflow or shot delivery.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Feb 02, 2023
The Coordinator position is a critical role in the workflow process for show delivery. The Coordinator will act as a liaison between the Production Manager and Department Supervisors to flag any issues which may delay workflow or shot delivery. They will promote interdepartmental communication to expedite completion. They will be on the pulse of all shots within their department and will communicate status report updates to the Production Manager when required.
The Coordinator will mentor Coordinators with regards to best practices to increase continuity across shows and departments. It is expected that a Senior Coordinator will take initiative for other duties and responsibilities when required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide ongoing support to ensure the highest productivity of the artists
- Organize internal department meetings and show review sessions
- Take and distribute detailed meeting notes via Shotgrid.
- Work with the Production Manager and Supervisors to adhere to schedule and keep schedules and artists on track
- Able to generate task schedules based on milestones provided.
- Track the status of all shots in the pipeline, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date database
- Communicate successes and challenges faced by the team to the Production Manager, providing updates on team morale
- Ensure artists have the information and materials required to complete their work efficiently
- Mentor new coordinators and advise and guide current coordinators on IE’s best production practices
- Facilitate communication between all departments
- Follow up on any outstanding issues or concerns that may arise during a Production
- Ensure all email & remote chat correspondence is up to date, responding to emails & messages in a timely manner
- Work with the Supervisors and artists to manage render priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of solid production experience coordinating feature film/TV
- Must be an expert project coordinator/scheduler
- Must be extremely knowledgeable in database management and production workflow process
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- MS Excel skills
- Shotgrid/ Proprietary task management software experience is required
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a positive attitude when working under pressure
- Highly organized, able to transform detail-oriented work into action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of motivating and leading a large team, with enthusiasm and clarity
- Excellent time management skills
- Enthusiasm and dedication to post-production work
- Willing to learn new techniques and technology
- Ability to learn basic client-to-vendor relationships and show an eagerness to develop and enhance studio profile with the clients
- Approachable persona