Emmy-award winning production company, specializing in non-scripted television, is looking for experienced sizzle reel editors for various development projects.
Ideal candidate has edited sizzle reels which have been used to successfully sell non-scripted shows to networks/cable outlets/streamers/digital platforms. Projects range from rip reels and Skype sizzles to full sizzles with scenes and extensive interviews. Genres range from docu/occu to formats (e.g., game, talk, home reno, food, etc.) Must be a skilled preditor who can craft story and source video unsupervised.
This position reports to the EVP, General Manager (Entertainment).
This position is based in Burbank, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Edit sizzle reels in a wide variety of non-scripted genres and styles
- Ability to edit quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality
- Create sizzles that feel unique and special
- Must be able to search for the perfect clips from a variety of sources (YouTube, Vimeo, Pond5, Storyblocks, Getty, etc.)
- Must be able to “script” sizzles, write copy and cards
- Create graphics, logos, etc. for the sizzles
- Must have an expertise in and experience with unscripted television sizzle reels
- Experience as a shooter or as a "one man band" shooter/producer/editor a plus
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with related experience will be considered
- Must have ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proficient editing with Adobe Premier
- Basic understanding of Final Cut 7/X and Avid a plus
- Must include samples of sizzle reels, preferably those which have sold a project
Bachelor’s degree preferred