Total Traffic + Weather Network: Develops new and enhances or maintains existing software components.
Aug 02, 2022
- Primarily utilize Vizrt and Unreal Engine in the process of graphics creation, development, and deployment of graphics for TTWN's TV platforms
- Serves as the expert in object-oriented and component-based development, patterns and design for reuse; applies test driven design and works towards automating and standardizing practices.
- Eliminates impediments and performs design and code reviews.
- Builds intermediate to highly complex, high quality software components by analyzing, creating, designing and coding, troubleshooting and unit testing for new products.
- Creates and executes installation scripts.
- Designs new features and enhancements for existing products.
- Delivers high quality software components with minimal defects; identifies and resolves errors and related software problems.
- Identifies and resolves potential risks and issues; works in teams to implement mitigation plans and processes.
- Take a hands-on approach in architecting, writing and reviewing code.
- Follow engineering standard methodologies towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at scale.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture.
- Work with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence.
- 3-5 years of experience developing games or TV graphics in a professional environment
- Outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Experience with modern game engine technologies (Unreal Engine a MUST, Unity a PLUS)
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language (C#, C/C++, Objective-C, Java)
- Knowledge of Vizrt television graphics (Artist, Graphics Hub, FeedStreamer)
- Excellent programming skills with a solid understanding of software engineering techniques, methodologies, and attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies as needed
- Positive and willing to tackle new challenges that arise during development
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment within your team and beyond
- Development experience with version control software
- 2-4+ years of experience in Unreal Engine development
- 4+ years of experience graphics development in gaming or television industries
B.S. in Computer Science, IS Engineering, or related field; M.S. preferred