The main responsibility for the Timing Director is to ensure that the Director and Executive Producer’s overall creative vision for the timing of the show is understood by the studio producing the animation through completion of timing on the x-sheets (exposure sheets).
Greater Los Angeles Area
Sep 08, 2022
The Timing Director is also expected to do timing.
- Supervises the Sheet Timers whose main responsibility is to time the dialogue and action from the animatic and storyboards
- Does sheet timing and lip assignment as necessary, or is one of the staffed Sheet Timers
- Maintains production schedule provided by Line Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production (if no Timing Supervisor is staffed on series)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Animation departments. Experience as an Animator or Director is helpful but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of Traditional Animation and CG Animation
- Ability to produce approximately 90-100ft/day (depending on complexity of series) if applicable
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
- Solid and consistent time-management skills
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience