The ideal candidate will use deep sports knowledge, an insatiable curiosity and sound news judgment, to provide statistical, analytical, biographical, and other information to support the ticker in a timely and relevant manner.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Jul 28, 2023
This role will assist in the production of content for the ticker to provide content and context while ensuring the accuracy of live news and information. The ideal candidate will use deep sports knowledge, an insatiable curiosity and sound news judgment, to provide statistical, analytical, biographical, and other information to support the ticker in a timely and relevant manner.
- Use deep sports knowledge along with strong research techniques to write and edit news and information in a real-time environment
- Make editorial decisions on what information to run in the Ticker
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of on-air content
- Research original material using statistical tools and databases, school/team websites, social media, other media outlets and other sources
- Excellent working knowledge of and interest in multiple sports, including but not limited to NFL, college football, college basketball, golf and soccer
- A resourceful ability to conduct research
- Must be able to work independently while also thriving in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills, as well as a keen attention to detail, are required
- Must demonstrate ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment under deadline, to prioritize assignments and ensure accuracy
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to multitask, and demonstrate a keen attention to detail
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and flexible hours
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in high-pressure environments
- Must have experience with variety of approaches to Internet searches and be fluent in electronic newsgathering techniques, including quickly navigating the Internet and best practices for utilizing social media
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate ideas effectively and efficiently
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated initiative
- Relevant educational or work experience in journalism, communications or production fields is preferred
- Experience in sports studio/broadcast environments, or other sports media fields, a plus
Hiring Salary Range: $40,000.00 - 47,000.00.