RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking experienced Theatrical Stitchers for seasonal positions for immediate cruise ship installs.
- Construct and/or alter all assigned costumes according to the supervisor’s specifications.
- Actively participate in a team consisting of supervisor and other stitchers.
- Understanding of the period, style, and techniques necessary to complete the costume within the costume designer’s guidelines.
- Maintain the integrity of the costume design.
- Comfortable using industrial, domestic, and serger sewing machines
- Comfortable with stretch fabrics, beading and sequins
- For cruise ship installs; travel as assigned, valid passport and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
The stitcher must be able to perform the following tasks with minimal supervision:
- Zipper insertion
- Basic tailoring skills
- Garment alterations
- Hand sewing
- Quick rigging of costumes
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring...
- Advanced skills in hand and machine sewing and finishing with an understanding of theatrical costume and construction techniques and terms
- Demonstrated proficiency in hand sewing techniques
- Knowledge of/and experience in a variety of costume construction techniques including tailoring, period construction techniques, and alterations
- Demonstrated knowledge in theatrical construction and quick rigging techniques
- Understanding of period shape and how to adapt it to theatrical costumes
- Ability to collaborate with the costume team to efficiently complete assigned projects
- Ability to listen, take instruction, and to participate in a team to complete the builds/alterations
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and vendors.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs, as well as climb and reach on ladders
- Experience in the live entertainment and event production industries preferred
- Extremely detail-oriented and responsible
- Ability to adapt easily to an ever-changing production process
- Cruise Ship Installs
- Roundtrip airfare, food, and lodging provided onboard
- Short-term contracts available (1-2 weeks)
- $185 - $200 per day
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $185.00 - $200.00 per day
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required. Masks are currently required while working onboard.
- sewing and stitching: 1 year (Preferred)
- live entertainment: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road