MarVista Entertainment is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Development for actor/producer Rachael Leigh Cook's company, Ben's Sister Productions, to help develop existing projects, identify new source material from IP, and to field pitches, review submissions, etc.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 10, 2023
MarVista Entertainment is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Development for actor/producer Rachael Leigh Cook's company, Ben's Sister Productions, to help develop existing projects, identify new source material from IP, and to field pitches, review submissions, etc. Person should be a TRUE fan of the romcom genre - and some suspense - and should be eager to find new ways to approach classic concepts. Especially looking for someone who is familiar with the current romcom offerings and can be of help evaluating great character-based material in the LOW BUDGET space.
This is a Los Angeles based hybrid, role. Must be available for in-person meetings when required. Typical hours are 9am-6pm daily.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help source and assess screenplays, books, articles, life rights, concepts, sizzles, and short form content – as well as other forms of IP – to build out and sustain a robust feature pipeline
- Help cultivate up-and-coming director and writer relationships
- Work closely with the team to work with writer to develop ideas and concepts for the slate. Collate notes and contribute feedback to writers as part of the script development process
- Act as a gatekeeper for actor/producer Rachael Leigh Cook's company, Ben's Sister Productions, primarily during production
- Maintain a database of slate submissions and active development; as well as ongoing talent relations
- Liaison with other departments to help facilitate negotiation around script option/purchases, director and or other talent deals, as well as any other support materials needed for greenlight, development/production, post-production and delivery
- Other duties as assigned by management team
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2+ years of experience in scripted development
- Up to date knowledge of various network/studio trends
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as projects progress in the production life-cycle
- Meticulously organized and able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and Zoom
- Self-starter with a great attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism, discretion, and good judgement in all interactions with co-workers and industry professionals
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Understanding of the international market
- Familiarity with physical production and related schedules
- Contacts at networks and distributors
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $23.00-26.00 per hour.