MSG is looking for a Production Assistant to support production at an end-to-end scale from capture through post for the newly created MSG Sphere Studios in Burbank.
MSG is looking for a Production Assistant to support production at an end-to-end scale from capture through post for the newly created MSG Sphere Studios in Burbank. As the creative content shop for the MSG Sphere projects, we strive for the best content creation, delivering content that has never been witnessed before on displays that have never been seen in this scale. Working in collaboration across the MSG production and capture ecosystem, this role provides support with daily operation and administrative duties and assists in frequent filming. Ideal candidates will be personable, dependable, and have a strong work ethic. They will have the ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize. They will anticipate the needs of their department and work proactively. We seek a self-starting individual for a Production Assistant who has a sense of urgency and thinks milestones ahead. You will facilitate runs for production and capture and fulfil in office and on set PA duties. You’re responsible for assisting in gear pick-ups and drop-offs, supporting the production staff from pre-production through post, and learning our camera department’s unique needs.
What will you do?
- General office admin duties including file organization, document management, updating project calendars and binders
- Complete day to day errands and courier services including crafty and supply purchases, equipment and gear pick-ups and drop-offs, etc. as directed
- Assist in logistical preparations of experiences, residency and internal technical test shoots
- Complete tasks within a given timeframe, such as ordering meals, supplies, etc.
- Manage production supply inventory and shipping needs
- Liaise with Production Management department and Capture Technical Project Manager to facilitate Talent, crew, equipment and gear transport according to tight deadlines
- Carry out a variety of on-set tasks including:
- Walkie distribution, monitoring and collection
- Crafty distribution
- Supply, garbage, gear and equipment rental collection
- Light set maintenance
- PCard Reconciliation
- Support department efforts as needed in a professional manner
What do you need to succeed?
- The ability to drive a production or camera truck and cargo van required
- The ability to lift 50 pounds required
- On set and office Production Assistant experience required and Camera PA experience preferred
- Comfortable engaging with supervisors, leads, production, and talent
- Excellent skills in collaboration and communication (oral and written)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 360
- Must be a team player and work well under tight deadlines