WFLD FOX 32/WPWR is looking for a daily hire Studio/Control room and MC Technician to join our award winning team! Ideal candidates should have experience with MC Playout automation, Studio automation, Audio operator, robotics, chyron/graphics, live production broadcast equipment, and studio operations.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Sep 11, 2023
WFLD FOX 32/WPWR is looking for a daily hire Studio/Control room and MC Technician to join our award winning team!
- Ideal candidates should have experience with MC Playout automation, Studio automation, Audio operator, robotics, chyron/graphics, live production broadcast equipment, and studio operations.
- We are looking for individuals who know how to deliver high quality newscasts, have a passion for journalism, and thrive in the technical news production environment.
- Must be comfortable operating in fast-paced, live production control rooms and studios.
- Candidate will fill a variety of production roles. Perform functions including, but not limited to, Master Control operator, transmission and ingest, technical control room assist, audio operator/mixing, robotics/camera, and chyron/graphics.
- Must have a solid understanding of live production elements, specifically news production, and be able to operate live broadcast equipment.
- Will work in control room environment.
- Will think critically under pressure while broadcasting within strict time constraints.
- Work as cohesive team.
- Interact professionally and respectfully with on-air staff, off-air staff, production and technical crews, and management.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years recent experience in the broadcast technician, control room/master control, and news environment in a medium to major size market.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical skills – systems, equipment, software, etc.
- Friendly and collaborative spirit.
- Positive attitude.
- Good judgement.
- Must be able to sit and stand for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to reach overhead, bend, squat and kneel. WFLD/WPWR is a 24/7 operation.
- Flexibility in scheduling evenings, early mornings, weekends, as well as work all shifts in a 24/7/365 breaking news environment.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays and varied hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Day, Evening, Overnight