WIND-AM Chicago is looking for talented and motivated broadcasting professionals who understand how to create compelling and relevant radio in the country’s third largest market for future openings.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Chicago Area
Feb 23, 2022
- Running the board during the show, which includes filing out station program log and transmitter log, complying with all FCC rules and regulations, working with talent to include appropriate complimentary audio such as sound effects, drops, and maintaining high standards of broadcast quality.
- Daily show preparation, including, but not limited to, researching story and topic ideas, pulling audio, booking guests, phone screening, etc.
- Editing daily show podcasts
- Identifying, editing, and archiving “Best Of” segments for future use
- Producing daily show promos
- Participating in show promotions as needed
- A minimum of two years of major market broadcast experience, preferably in a spoken word format
- An extensive, working knowledge of current events, national and local politics, and Chicago news.
- Familiarity with digital audio production and automation, preferably Cool Edit/Adobe Audition, and/or NexGen /Wide Orbit Automation
- The editorial initiative to identify, develop, and pitch compelling segment ideas
- The ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- A self-starter approach to your work
- A willingness to give and receive constructive, creative criticism
- Knowledge of video editing and social media would be beneficial.