WJHG/WECP Northwest Florida’s leading news stations seek a Director/Technical Media Producer in Panama City Beach, Florida. This individual must be hard-working, self-motivated and creative.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That’s what you’ll find at the WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS Affiliate in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a leader not only in news, but also in serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full service digital marketing department. Our number one rated award-winning team is all about leadership and growth, and we stay on top of the latest technical advances. Join our fast-paced team and enjoy a laid back lifestyle at WJHG/WECP in beautiful Panama City Beach.
WJHG/WECP Northwest Florida’s leading news stations seek a Director/Technical Media Producer in Panama City Beach, Florida. This individual must be hard-working, self-motivated and creative. The candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays. Must have some television experience at least at the Production Assistant level; would prefer Directing and/or Master Control experience. Basic working knowledge of PC’s is necessary. This position involves serving as the TMP during newscasts as well as ingesting programming, commercials, etc. for the station’s four channels.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Serve as a Technical Media Producer for live and pre-recorded productions.
- This is a full time position for an individual who works efficiently with little supervision.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication skills and get along well with co-workers.
- Work with ENPS Newsroom computer system.
- Understanding of all equipment in studio and production areas.
- Work closely with other departments to meet all daily demands.
- Training of new personnel as assigned.
- Require skill with Ross Overdrive, Ross Vision Switcher, Ross Carbonite Switcher, Ross Cambotics and all supporting equipment in the Media Control Center and Master Control Area.
- Helpful but not necessary to have worked at least 2 years in Television/IT industry.
- Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Must be available to work a minimum schedule of 40 hours per week.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.