The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WECT's on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WECT was the first station in the Wilmington, NC DMA signing on in 1954 and is an NBC affiliate. WECT is a market leader in local news and quality programming. Wilmington, NC is located within minutes of the Atlantic Ocean and is a vibrant, growing city. Watersports and outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy an abundance of activities. The downtown and riverfront area of Wilmington is rich in history.
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WECT's on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve desktop video editing, directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for digital platforms.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for WECT
• Require skill with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, VizRT graphics system, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite/bonded cellular operation, program ingesting/segmenting, desktop editing and a working knowledge of web production
• Work with Newsroom Computer System - WECT currently uses ENPS
• Understanding of all equipment in studio and production areas
• Dedication to care of equipment
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Training of new personnel as assigned
• Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Film Mass Communication or related field preferred
• 1 year of experience in journalism, production, media or related fields
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively - written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Newscast Directing/Master Control/Production assistance experience
• Working knowledge of production/master control automation and playout automation software preferred
• Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time
• Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment, up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports, executing automation, and editing video
• Potential exposure to high noise and unusual light levels
• Ability to work on lighting fixtures while on a ladder
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.